Summer Magic 2010 - Part I

Post I - The Beginning

Summer Magic..I’m sure the name itself rings a bell and it does indeed! “Summer Magic’10” was a 10 day youth program held at the Art of Living International Ashram, Bangalore from 21st -30th June comprising of 6 days of fun filled and interactive sessions followed by a 4 day YES+ advance course. Like Summer Magic, there is also Winter Break which happens in December end.

I missed Winter break’09 and was adamant that at any cost, won’t miss the Summer Magic. I even planned my resignation and thereafter search for a new job accordingly (yeah! It may sound stupid)

Initially, I intended to write a day wise narration about the whole program but realized it’s gonna be arduous and boring for both - the reader as well as the writer. So I found it better to capture the gist in few posts.( please do bear)

I took an early morning flight (which I anyways don’t like) and reached airport 2 hours prior to departure (which I desist most!) owing to my punctual and oh-its-better-to-be-early kind friends. For the first time I was on a 4 hour domestic flight (on a low cost one - imagine, no food and no TV and with a stop over!).So I touched Ahmedabad and finally reached Bangalore. I’ve been to Ashram earlier and was pretty charged up owing to my first experience. At first, it seemed to be full of people. Crowded would be the right word. – with devotees who’d come for Ashtavakra Gita sessions and with youth from various states and cities who were arriving in full swings (buses loaded with noise making machines err..humans)..Each city seemed to be proud of the numbers it had got for Summer Magic - be it Indore, Aurangabad, Mumbai, Gujarat or any XYZ

There was a mad rush at the reception for accommodation and my mind started chattering..is this how the 10 days r gonna be like ? Goats and Cows? But slowly I started enjoying the animal talks :). My first day was pretty exciting with me not getting any accommodation till the evening (owing to some miscommunication) unlike others who came with me. I was in a 5 sharing room with 4 girls from chandigarh who were already pals and shared a good rapport..I felt, Gosh! Why am I the isolated one?

On 22nd June, the joyride of fun and extravaganza started (with Yoga at 6 am!!).The yoga sessions used to last for almost 2 hours (leaving us desperately hungry) but were fun and innovative – Dance Yoga, Animal Yoga etc etc..Im sure all present for the summer magic have honed up their dancing skills ( Zooby Zooby :P)..Chirag, winner of “Dance Premier League” taught us few steps on this song. Presence of Dinesh Bhaiya in few Yoga sessions used to revitalize all and make us up and running!

....to be continued
Summer Magic 2010 - Part I Summer Magic 2010 -  Part I Reviewed by Unknown on Saturday, July 03, 2010 Rating: 5

No comments:

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.