#TravelDiaries #Mashobra

The roads curl and wind through the mountains, but every time I looked out of the window, the deodars were there. And so were the conifers and the pines, standing as sentinels, watching every new visitor on the Himalayan roads. We were heading towards the quieter Mashobra, where it is pure bliss to seek the company of nature in solitude.

Mashobra is a beautiful hill station found only far away of ten kilometers from Shimla. Unfortunately, regardless of being fully a beautiful hill station, it’s not explored by lots of people till now. It is just a completely lush green hill station. 

So for me it was on office outbound trip. We were 30 people , mostly in the age group of 25 to 30 years. So we were enthusiastic about having some adventures. Our trip organiser had briefed us that there will be trekking, camping, rope adventures, bonfire and DJ!

Early Morning Hike and the Sunrise at Mashobra


It was a little chilly early morning but we didn't want to miss the sight. So we decided to hike uphill to witness the sunrise. It was exhausting after a while and our interest in the sunrise was gradually fading. But then came a point where we stood and watched it unfurl. The sun peeped out of the clouds and sparkled in its rays.The half sleepy people woke up gingerly to see the grand spectacle enfold in front of the sleepy eyes. The sky slowly changes colours from black to grey to blue to crimson to orange to a gorgeous gold as the sun announces its arrival.Dawn break is a surreal moment. The canvas in front of me comes alive as the colours change every moment. The mountains seem to smile, welcoming the new day and the birds sing, announcing the dawn to their flocks.




Himalayan ridges at Mashobra


I woke up early the next day for a relaxed exploration of the area.Waking up early for me is a.way to view the world differently, a way to gather my thoughts, a way to spend some quiet time. I saw the sun rise yet again. I am not a photography buff but someday I do intend to buy a Big camera and try my hand at photography. Meanwhile, I managed with my Oneplus phone and I love this rose photo i clicked with the dews.


Plenty Of Activities!





After hiking, we got a chance for some adventurous activities. There are trained experts to provide assistance in these activities. There was zip lining, rappelling and valley crossing to supply us with the real sense of adventure.


Rappelling was 12 feet. It seemed easy from a distance. I was scared for once but I had to do it for sure. It seems scary only till the time you haven't started. Then it is a cakewalk and a beautiful experience :).

Valley Crossing was yet another awesome experience. I had missed zip living in my Jodhpur Trip. So this was my moment of gratification! :) 







We had cottage on day 1 and camps on day 2. I liked the camps better. Though they didn't have the luxuries like the Cottages but the simplicity and the surroundings made it the preferred choice. Before departing back to Delhi the next day morning , we had a treasure hunt, night trek, bonfire and DJ last evening. You can gauge our happiness by this team pic:)







Mashobra was a good retreat. It is surely a good option if one wants to plan a 2-3 days trip from Delhi in the Lap from Nature.

Keep Smiling :) 

Swati 

You may also like :

#TravelDiaries #Mashobra #TravelDiaries #Mashobra Reviewed by Unknown on Wednesday, September 30, 2015 Rating: 5

No comments:

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.