Learnings from the Art of Living Advance Course

I completed my 9th art of living advance meditation program today. Those who haven’t done it yet it or have done only 1 or 2, they may feel ‘WoW! 9th one! Awesome!”. I had the same feeling for a girl called Tejal who I met in my first advance course at the Bangalore ashram. It was her 17th advance course at that time. I was awestruck and also found her silly. I mean who will pay again and again to do the same thing 17th time? She must be nuts. Today I sail in the same boat :). I love to do advance courses every 6 months, at times the lag becomes more but I make myself commit and then execute.

And this one that got completed today was like a pre requisite to the madness that is going to begin from November ;) Every advance course has taught me something new, made me become more aware of myself, helped me understand and absorb the spiritual knowledge better more and JUST BE. On the first day of every advance course that t, I do have this thought for once atleast ‘Oh shit! Why am I here!. 4 days man! How will I do it." Yes, these thoughts still remain even after 9 courses :) But deep inside I also know and have the faith that it shall be done. It is just a play of my mind.

I personally do not like to do such courses in Delhi /NCR and prefer a place close to nature but this time had no choice , so I chose to do it in vasant Kunj with Swami Nandkishore ji. It was an excellently organized course.The effect of this course can only be felt post the course. During the course, a lot many challenges may come up, you may feel like quitting, you may feel bored, irritated, angry. But all this is a part of the churning. This course made me realize to focus on my own self, on my own thoughts, on what goes inside me and become a witness to the thoughts and emotions. It is no easy job but baby steps can definitely be taken.

Swami Nand Kishore Ji shared some beautiful knowledge. I don’t recollect it completely but will share what stuck me. I guess we tend to remember the knowledge which strikes us. I have tried to assimilate it to the best of my knowledge, apologies if there is any error

  • “Me” is the subject and all these “mine, my…” are the objects.  When you can distinguish the subject from the objects and realize that “me” and “mine” are different, then you will be in Wow!
  • The reason of misery in life is non acceptance – of people, of things, of situations. The moment you accept, you will be at peace.
  • Say 3 things to yourself –

I am the most beautiful person on this planet
I am the most important person on this planet
I am the most fortunate person on this planet
  • Love is setting the other person free and accepting him / her. Love is not about controlling. If you love a person because he behaves like the way you want, it is no love. Love means accommodating.
  • We cry over someone’s death not because for his loss but because our own need that was getting satisfied by them will not be fulfilled now
  • Too much thinking leads to questions, questions leads to discussions and discussions leave you empty. What matters is an EXPERIENCE than discussion..from WHY to WOW
  • Guruji ( Sri Sri Ravi Shankar) says everyone should do the advance course at least once a year
  • Life is about becoming hollow and empty. Like a whiteboard is all empty, only then you can write something on it. Also, if you write something, it can be removed and erased.
  • Imbibe 3 levels of checks in you life from time to time. These 3 checks helps to bring the mind in present moment.

Check 1. Is my Body here?
Check 2. Is my breath here?
Check 3: Is my mind here?
  • The breath going and coming all by itself is a miracle! It is nature’s wonderful mechanism
  • When you are well rested, the mind gets arrested. ( means it comes back to the present moment)

I still have so much more to learn. Life is teaching the Art of Living every moment. The beauty of life is in it’s spontaneity, not in planning too much.  That is what my realization has been from this advance course.

Keep Smiling.
Swati
Learnings from the Art of Living Advance Course Learnings from the Art of Living Advance Course Reviewed by Unknown on Sunday, October 04, 2015 Rating: 5

No comments:

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.