8 PPs of Demonetization

Since 9th November morning till date, every single day even through a cursory glance at the newspaper, I get to know who committed suicide, who died of a heart attack while standing in the ATM queue, whose marriage got postponed because of cash crunch, whose business or income level is getting affected. Yes, I am becoming so well informed about my city and its people. Reason? Blame Demonetization.

Demonetization is a disaster - that’s what many have been saying. Undoubtedly, the execution is flawed and lacks meticulous planning. It is clearly evident even to a blind. However, whether the decision is good for the country or not, only time can tell. But yes, clearly times are changin'. Amidst all this conundrum and negative talking, there is still so much positives to look at. Here are my positive points(PP) in this quagmire.

PP #1: The country is going paperless and taking the Digital route for business transactions. Be it a small mobile recharge, any bill payment (electricity, grocery, dairy products, cabs to name a few) or an employee’s salary transfer. Isn’t going paper less good for the environment?

PP #2: So many illiterates (or literates equivalent to illiterates :) ) are opening up Bank accounts. Or their employers are helping them open bank account to transfer their salary online. Isn’t that a positive move? It will help these people to learn basics of banking, have a secure place to keep their money and save as well.

PP #3:  I’ve realized I have become a better saver. Since I am running low on notes, I’ve been very careful of my spending and thus so many useless expenses that have come down.  Even if I want, getting a change of 2000 Rs. note is difficult sometimes. Less expenses = More savings. Yay! :)



PP #4 : Online Companies like Paytm, Flipkart , Freecharge, Ola etc are offering such awesome discounts to customers to increase theirbase. Isn’t that a WIN WIN situation for both the parties? I’d been using Paytm earlier but post demonetization, I’ve have started using Mobikwik and freecharge. I love the spin game in Freecharge App. Quite addictive :)

PP #5: Paucity of currency notes has made me more active physically. I tend to now save those few chuttas (change) by walking a bit more. Good for my health. Good for my pocket.

PP #6: Demonetization has given birth to so many entrepreneurial ideas. The quick bright minds have encashed on the situation. So many Apps and websites help in finding an ATM near your location with money. BookMyChotu, a Delhi-based on-demand startup will help you hire a person who will stand for you in an ATM queue for Rs. 90 per hour!

PP #7: Since last month, the decline in the frequency of outings or guests at home has given me more time for myself, the temporary penury is enriching each one of us with the reality of life. If only we pay attention.



PP #8: Sonam Gupta has become so famous! This is exactly the time when i feel why did my elder sister keep my name Swati Gupta. #IfOnly

So thank you Modi Ji for these PPs! Had you not done what you did, I wouldn’t have thought and looked at life like this.

 -
Swati



8 PPs of Demonetization 8 PPs of Demonetization Reviewed by Unknown on Monday, December 12, 2016 Rating: 5

No comments:

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.