Funny Family!

Catching up with relatives is a herculean task for me. Whenver I get the news of being with them for a few hours, I have to prepare myself to be smiling, polite and not take their garbage into my head.

No offence meant, family is definitely imoprtant in one's life - provided they are understanding, give you space and above it, don't give unnecesaary gyaan.

Yeterday there was a keertan in the evening at my Mama's place. Like an obedient daughter, I had no choice but to go. Ok, so I went. Till the time I reached, I'd consoled and convinced myself to be there till the end and not to lose my smile.

I entered and see all the aunties and couins wearing their best clothes, all dressed up, with make up, jewellery etc etc. I stood and recollected- " I was told its a keertan, is there some engagement happening too?"

This was the first shock.Then I see he whole lot of singers and music walas coming in and the moment the sound was put on, I panicked - is this the volume I'm gonna tolerate for 3 hours? It was way too loud! And worst of it, I didn't have cotton to put in my ears!

I loved the Krishan murti placed there. That was the only solace :) It seemed I've been put in such a plight to test my patience and smiling abilities :)

Its been 12  years I've attened any keertan.  I'm regular at Art of Living's Satsang and really enjoy them. I respect people who do and attend keertan but I personally don't enjoy them. Any satsang or keertan is a time when you just sit and relax and be with yourself and with the divinity in you. You sing, you clap , you dance! You aren't bothered about what others would be thinking of you nor does you mind oscillates b/w past and the future.

That is what I found missing yesterday. Very few people stood up to dance, while the keertan was going on, people were moving in and out going back to have snacks. The organizers, were bothered about the settings, the food, the people! They had no time to sit and pray, THE primary task :D

At the end of it, it merely seemed to be a get together, where people came in their best dresses, got gifts, took some back , had food and sat for few hours. I'm doubtful if they would have gone back more relaxed, happy and peaceful - the essence of any keertan, satsang

But this event was a good realization - Opposites are complementary! B'coz I sat unwillingly for few hours, rarely enjoying the bhajans, not dancing inspite being coerced - I realized I'm so blessed to have found Art of Living satsangs which I enjoy so much. There, time flies like anything, I'm completely lost in the divinity and soaked in bliss. I dance like crazy!!

Yet again makes the faith stronger - the Grace is there 24*7 and whatever is happening in your life IS with HIS consent only.

There is so much to learn, so much to grow :-) :-)

Jai Guru Dev!

Keep Smiling :)
Funny Family! Funny Family! Reviewed by Unknown on Sunday, December 26, 2010 Rating: 5

No comments:

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.