Naya saal with Bal Gopal :)


I’ve always believed that the quality of the whole year gets determined by how you spend the first day of the year. 3 years back, first day of the year, I would relish non vegetarian food, indulge in social drinking and hang out with friends because for me that was “cool”.  Though third part is still a part of life, the first 2 have vanished, effortlessly. I never intended to give up on them but things just happened. Today despite many opportunities, I don’t feel like having them.

The first day of the year 2013 started in a lazy fashion by getting up late: D But soon I shed my laziness and completed my to-do list my afternoon. I had initially planned to go to Jantar Mantar for the protest but a meeting got dragged on and the plan got changed. I was to attend Art of Living satsang in the evening. Suddenly, before that an impromptu plan got made up of going to Iskcon (Punjabi Bagh). Luckily, I reached at a time when the Aarti was just about to begin. It was my first time to Iskcon there (though been to South Delhi one and Vrindavan)

For past many days, I had been feeling a void. An emptiness. Everything was going good, there was nothing to crib or complain about. It’s hard to describe that state. Sometimes, some moments are there when you have everything still you feel there is nothing. There is something beyond all the events and people. In the hustle bustle and fast pace Delhi life, there is something overlooked. Sadhna. Sewa. Satsang is there but there is something deep…some connection…some space. Some corner of your heart which needs to open up and be with. Meditation definitely caters to it but I was still feeling a void. And it is not the first time I had felt so. Anytime earlier it has happened, it has been filled by the divine in miraculous ways J The Iskcon aarti on 1st January 2013 was THAT J



I had written in an earlier post about how strongly I feel the Krishna connection. Again, I am no Radha but there is something. Some feel more of shiva consciousness, some Krishna consciousness like me. (May be that’s why I am so playful and full of love! Haha)

II Hare krishna hare krishna, krishna krishna hare hare II
II Hare rama hare rama, rama rama hare hare II

It enchanted in my mind like a whirlpool and elevated me beyond words! Those moments I felt one with the music…one with the consciousness!!..No one existed except HIM! Heavenly!! One can see an idol but to feel Krishna inside was bliss. J The void I was feeling was filled to the chore. I was satiated. Moments like these make me feel time and again that divine is right there for you, in you, with you. He just plays hide and seek to see how much you value him or get engrossed in worldly pleasures J

Then I went for the satsang. I was at peace and the satsang acted like a cherry on the cake. A good day worth spent. Though I wanted to meet few friends too but winters made them lazy J. Some people just don’t geddit.

Keep Smiling J
Swati
Naya saal with Bal Gopal :) Naya saal with Bal Gopal :) Reviewed by Unknown on Thursday, January 03, 2013 Rating: 5

No comments:

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.