My MoM :)


This post is dedicated to my mother.

All of us have some idols or role models (Intelligent ones do have! :P) . Mine has been my mother. I wouldn’t say a role model – the role models are adored and aped but I, for sure know that I can never be like her even if I put my best foot forward, at least not in this lifetime.

In the worldly chaos and day to day meanderings, one thing that is overlooked is Family. We all will accept that, at times, they are taken for granted. No doubt we love them and do our best but with others we still can be pleasing and nice but with own family members if I can talk only about myself instead of generalizing, I have a different level of naturalness. At times I feel if there was someone else doing the same thing; my response would have been different.

Whatever I am today, I owe it to her. At times I feel though I am in Art of Living but it is she who has truly lived the knowledge, in many sense. Yes, on many occasions she behaves like a typical lady cribbing (but not cursing) and being negative but then again the next second she comes back to the normal happy state and I watch her perplexed – is she for real? She has seen a lot in life. And by “a lot”, I mean it. For myself, I feel I have seen many tough times but in front of her struggles in life, they have no place. I get compliments for my bubbly nature and enthusiasm and I think rather I know deep inside that I have learnt it from her. She is a child at heart. My friends, whoever has met her, have loved her more than me. I get call from friends to ask if she is at home ‘coz they want to meet her instead of me! Her endurance, her patience, her never-give-up attitude and her faith in God – all are commendable. I can write it on stamp paper that whatever she has gone through in life, 60% (if not greater) of the ladies would not have been able to survive or would have left everything and ran!

She has given me the best schooling. She herself could not complete her graduation but made sure her children get into the best school. Though I have not been a witness to it, but I’ve heard stories how she ran from Pillar to Post and did not leave any stone unturned to make it happen. In School, she gave anything and everything. I never felt I had anything lacking from my peers, though when I grew up I realized how much toil she underwent to make this happen. She gave me all the freedom, parties, late nights, travels – coming from a conservative baniya family and with elder siblings not getting that level of freedom, it meant a lot to me. Today I have friends in guys whom most of them she knows, many have come home. Her ability to give me that space has inspired me to be honest with her.

I got into one of the best undergrad college and during my graduation too, she’d put in tremendous efforts. I’ve lived away from her for 5 good years and have realized her value very very deeply. I would not like to share any of the details but only the thoughts and feelings. My mother will not read this post. She is the last person to use Internet. She uses her phone only to receive calls (and makes least calls :P !). So many times I have tried to make her use SMSes but she gives a damn! :D

Now she has Arthritis. He bodily strength is fading way but her enthusiasm and energy isn’t. She still does everything as she used to do. At night she cries in pain at times but next day gets up as if nothing happens. She is headstrong and believes in divine play. The flipside of this is that she refuses to go to any doctor or take medicines!

I have been motivated to write this post only because I have been observing my mother since past one week. Daily when I leave for office and when I come back, I have a thought, “How can one person be so compassionate? So forgiving? And so surrendered?” I may be an Art of Living teacher and on the path of applying the knowledge in practical life but for me, she is one person who has applied the knowledge and actually practicing Art of Living.

Grateful to my mother for giving me life
Grateful to my Guru for teaching me how to live.

Jai Guru Dev!
Keep Smiling
-Swati



My MoM :) My MoM :) Reviewed by Unknown on Wednesday, April 10, 2013 Rating: 5

No comments:

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.