Thoughts!


Something I wrote last week in train….

There’s got to be something wrong. I am not careless. I am not irresponsible. But second time it has happened. I reached the wrong station to catch a train. The train was at 5.15 am and I was happy to reach at 4.50 am outside the station, only to realize seconds later that the station is New Delhi! By grace, I managed to land to the right station and platform just in time. For the first time, I had to cross by the railway track instead of bridge so that I am not late. It was hilarious! I’ve never done it earlier.
But all the while there was a smile on my face just by the thought, “ I am so silly!” Crossing the track seemed like trekking! :D I am writing this post in the train. Travelling alone at times is bliss. Totally on your own and doing things which you like. Well, I think it goes good for short journeys like this one.


FINALLY, the dance classes have started. I had been planning to start them since a month. And the batch size is also good – 20+. First class was an eye opener – boss, Jazz is not Bollywood. In dance classes, I am assuming it is going to be a serious business to learn the technicalities. Ab tak Honey singh kaffi ho gaya. Ab asli dance ki baat karenge.
The thing I am liking about these classes is that it is a fund raising initiative – to develop our YES!+ Ashok Vihar center and to other activities. Hope the center will have everything in a month – mats, stage, bed sheets, speakers etc.
Now the next to start off is Guitar Classes. No..No..that is not a fund raising thing. Paisa instructor ki pocket mein jayega !:P


And from today…
I attended an event “World Education Summit” at Le meridian Hotel, Delhi. No show off, there is a reason I am mentioning the venue. It was 2 days event wherein eminent personalities from the education World came to attend the conference and many big names in the education space had put up their stall in the exhibition/expo. We too had an area in the exhibition ( err…we are not a big name yet but soon will be! :D). We deal in Robotics and Science programs in schools so had put up a display of various robotic models – mechanical and autonomous. The reason why I am telling this entire story is because it’s the base of what’s going to come next. There was one particular waiter (sorry! I don’t know any other synonym though I know this word sounds little derogatory), visited our stall a lot many times – for no good reason. He was very polite and friendly. Initially, I maintained a distance since I was there on official work and our profiles there were way different. Mingling may not have been taken nicely by others. But my colleague talked to him and gradually we came to know that he was very much interested in Robotics since childhood. He had seen something of this sort sometime during his school days and always wanted to do something related to them but since he didn’t have money, he had to end up in the current job. That melted something inside me. On the second day, he got us a bowl of toffee and also gave the 3 of us special coffee, even after the Summit was over and which should have been chargeable otherwise. The interest in robotics could be seen in his eyes – sparkling and bubbling with joy on seeing a robot working. My colleague even thought for a while to gift him a robot model but couldn’t decide whether in his official powers he was entitled to do so.

The point is Life kaha se kaha le jaati hai. Majboori ka naam Mahatma Gandhi. No matter how passionate you are, no matter how focused you are, at times the bigger issues in life override everything. I am saying it from personal experience. When there is a question mark (?) on meeting the basic necessities of life, one has to bow down and accept things. This guy may have given up on his dreams to earn money for his family – possibly he may be the sole earner but what was inspiring was his joy – even though he couldn’t do what he wanted to, he was happy in his current world. And hats off to him for that.
I don’t know if I could have done anything for him. May be gifted him a Robotic Kit…may be called him for a free workshop. Don’t know. But my best wishes and blessings to such a wonderful person. I want to start some socials service initiative at my office. Haven’t been getting time for that. Service to the society is the need of the hour.

Keep Smiling
Swati J




Thoughts! Thoughts! Reviewed by Unknown on Wednesday, April 24, 2013 Rating: 5

No comments:

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.