अमृतसर ! :)

Luck is all about realizing how lucky you are !

And the Amritsar Trip just did that to me. It was an official travel for 2 days to conduct the Inter School Robotics Challenge at The Millennium School, Amritsar. I had never been to Amritsar earlier and it seemed a great opportunity for me to explore the place. The going in itself was adventurous with no train tickets till my colleague and I reached the station but we managed to get the tickets somehow. Early morning we reached Amritsar and realised the winters have arrived in Amritsar :)

We reached a day before the event in order to organise things. Till almost 12 pm, I had no hotel room to stay nor the food. I had no choice but to find bliss in chaos. When the rats in the stomach became uncontrollable, 4 of us decided to go out and eat and come back :D And being a foodie, my fingers stopped at Amritsari Kulchas in the Menu :) Initially my colleagues were not too keen on having Kulchas  ( since they thought it would be like the Kulchas we get in Delhi) but when the Kulchas came, they quickly ordered for more and splurged! :D The Kulchas were yummyy! And oodles of butter made it more delicious! ;)

Finally I got the Hotel Room. Rest of the colleagues were all male and so stayed back in the School Guest room ( They call their Medical Room the guest room where the sick students rest on the bed...eewww!). I was so elated to see my room. All Peace! Only me in the room! I enjoyed such solitude. This is the best part of travel I like. A quiet room with all amenities and excellent room service.

In the evening, we all went to see the famous Golden Temple. I was spellbound! Temple looks so majestic at night. Not only was the exterior mind boggling, the positive energy and vibrations were palpable. Gurudwaras are the best place to see the seva bhaav. How selflessly all the volunteers work. The devotion is inspiring. We sat for a while there and during that time i had a lot of realizations..I became clearer on life ..what i want..the guru element is very strong there and conversations happen in silence...My guru cleared a lot from my head and made me stronger in my decision.

The competition happened the next day. The day started early in all the preparations and then we attended the famous ceremony at the Wagah Border. We just managed to reach in time and were lucky to witness it. Though there was a lot of rush and I couldn't see through clearly but the fact that a different country was sitting right across the gate was so fascinating!





And finally at night before heading back for Delhi , had food at one of the best places in Amritsar . I don't go by what internet says on good places to eat. The best thing to do is to ask a local - someone who knows the place well. The food was excellent but the service was poor. The waiter seemed too stressed out which made him behave rudely to the customers I guess.






I was just feeling how lucky am I. I wanted to go on Amritsar trip last weekend but couldn't go. This week the divine made things happen in such a way that everything happened seamlessly. And the beauty - I didn't had to shell out anything from my pocket. Possibly only a 100 Rs . note in the whole journey. :)

Wahe Guru di Meher! )

-
Keep Smiling,
Swati
अमृतसर ! :) अमृतसर ! :) Reviewed by Unknown on Wednesday, December 04, 2013 Rating: 5

No comments:

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.