Fabulous Feb! :)

So finally, YES!+ DSN in North Delhi is over. Hah! Last 2-3 weeks were crazy but super fun
with plethora of learnings. First, a mega YES!+ in Pitampura with over 100+ participants.
Then the preparation for the YES!+ DSN started. February has been a fabulous month. It always is ‘coz it brings in birthdays of my bestest buddies :) But this time, it has become extra special.

Whenever I have yearned for doing sewa, my Guru has always given it to me, in some way or the other. First the YES!+ course and then I was given the opportunity to be the Coordinator for YES!+ DSN in North Delhi. I said a “yes”. I had no clue how I will do it but I wanted to do it. 10 days before the DSN I became a call centre, literally :) . Perpetually on the phone. My job pressure was at its peak and with that I had to manage getting registration for the DSN. To say the least, it was not easy for me. Even during the work hours, I had to take breaks to attend calls, counsel students, break their notions and get them to register. Also to guide the volunteers who were managing it. It was tough but the Guru made it happen. DSN became Urgent and Important for me. I just had 24 hours in a day, I cut down my time on lot of other things to take out time for this. I missed practicing Guitar :( sob. Sob.

But one thing was certain – I did not have even an iota of doubt. I did not let my enthusiasm dampen by anyone’s “no”. Whether the support from other teachers was coming or not, whether the volunteers were listening or not, whether the registrations were coming or not, I had confidence that it would happen. That was the learning, yet again. In the high prana state, things do happen. So slowly, things started happening. Registrations started pouring on and the volunteers were all pepped up.

Then, next set of challenge arose. Taking leaves for this course was tough since I already had to take 5 days leaves the next week. To take 2 more leaves wouldn’t be welcomed at the job especially since I had some critical tasks at hand. But I first prepared my mind – I have to take it, come what may! To tell a secret, what I do is that I politely ask for leaves but If I want the leaves, I wouldn’t mind me getting kicked off. I always have had this faith that since I am doing master’s work, he will take care of this. Why should I bother? Let only one person worry :) Chuck and Chill! ;) By Grace, the leaves were granted, without any ruckus.

Then a pleasing shock just before a day before the course – we didn’t have the venue! Haha. There was some miscommunication and the venue which we were supposed to get was already booked by someone else. But I knew this is just the beginning of the DSN. It would not be just about breaking the barriers of the participants but challenging the organizing team as well. But I knew something would be managed. Honestly, these things don’t bother me now. I’ve had many such instances earlier and know that grace helps. So we got another venue and must say, it turned out to be nicer and cost effective. It had accommodation right on the floor above the venue so things became manageable.

And then the DSN Started. Some people had paid and did not turn up, some people had not paid and turned up, some had said a verbal yes and did not come, and some who were dicey till the last moment came. So amidst all this, venue arrangement was done. I am generally a planned person who likes to know things beforehand or at least a little in advance. But during the entire DSN, there was lot of randomness and for most of the time, I was either running or arranging for things! Crazy but fun! Sleep and food were something I and the volunteers learnt to completely let go during the DSN :) Late night sleeps and early morning Sadhna. Hah!





But all this seemed like a cakewalk when we saw the transformation in the participants over the 4 days. How they got out of their comfort zones, how they broke the shackles of their identities, challenged their fears and barriers, how they started realizing the joy in seva, how they moved from “How will I ??” to “ I can !!” attitude. It was such a pleasant sight to watch. And on the last day of the DSN , they organized an event “ My Country, My Valentine” and took full ownership of it. Right from decoration, registration, welcoming, anchoring, speech , performances …everything! It was completely their show! And must say, given that they only got few hours to prepare,  it turned out to be really well  with a gathering of more than 200 people! :)

Needless to say, when they had come on the first day they didn’t know many others but by the end they were all one big group. A group which got happiness in making others happy. A group which pledged to create a Divine Society :)



And this is just the beginning. The Master has a big vision and together we will contribute, in our best, to make his dream a reality. Or realize this dream in this dream world ;) Got it ? :) Truly, a great start of a Love week. And here I am writing this post in the train. Will reach Bangalore tomorrow morning. This valentine, I am gonna be with the Divine <3 font="">

Jai Guru Deva ! 
Keep Smiling

Swati :)
Fabulous Feb! :) Fabulous Feb! :) Reviewed by Unknown on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 Rating: 5

No comments:

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.