High-Way is My-Way!


I saw the movie "Highway" today. I wanted to see the movie "Queen" as well but didn't get the CD :( Neverthless, Highway is definitely a good watch. I later realised it is an Imtiaz Ali movie  ( so it has to be atleast good).

I am not a movie buff , neither do I write reviews on movies but this one I found different and something I could relate to and believe in. And I will, in simple and easy terms, state why I liked it.

1. Concept of Fresh Air : Right since the movie started, I had a feeling it was meant for me. This girl was feeling a bondage a midst all the wedding ceremonies etc. and wanted to take a break and decided to call her fiance for a late night drive ( I like such girls!) and in the latter part of the movie too realizes the beauty of Life and nature


2. The simplicity and depth of Randeep ( in Mahabir's character) : When kidnapped, the track of the movie could have been made something like the kidnapper rapes her, throws her off, she gets pregnant and blah blah but surprisingly Highway turned out to be a clean movie with a few hugs here and there ( can count on fingertips actually!). I mean Randeep Hooda and Imraan Hashmi doing such films are rare and I love movies which you can watch with family. I liked it!


3. The relation between Veera and Mahabir : It was pure and lust free and beyond the routine romantic relationships seen in other movies. And that is what I liked! Certain intimate scenes could have been inserted and the audience wouldn't have minded them but keeping the sanctity of the moments made me love the characters all the more. It was beautiful to see how their closeness developed. It is rare in Bollywood movies these days!


4. The Separation : I didn't like it though but it made me connect all the more. It did make me nostalgic and I was like Shucks! Why?? They could have lived happily! It was just the beginning at the hilltop....but the decision that she took at the end was commendable and gave the message to live life on your own terms. In the end moment, the way she conversed with Mahbir looking up at the sky spoke volumes about Love :) Especially the scene where she visualises she and Mahabir playing as children took my breath away! :)

5. The Song "Maahi Ve" . Though all the songs are nice but this one has a freshness and I would love to hear it ( sorry! no singing for me... lols) when I am in the lap of nature or on a long drive and just feel the nature with my eyes closed and forget the rest of the world...Wow! I can imagine it right NOW! :) 


Those who haven't watched it yet, I would highly recommend this one . I must see Queen asap. And if I like it this much or greater, will definitely write a blog post on it :)

P.S: While I am writing this, I am listening to Maahi Ve :) The memories are fresh and i can feel the characters right there :)

Keep Smiling :)
Swati
High-Way is My-Way! High-Way is My-Way! Reviewed by Unknown on Monday, March 17, 2014 Rating: 5

No comments:

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.