Burrday 2014!

I wrote this piece while waiting at a client site for 3 hours! In a way, thankful to them :)

***********
So yet another birthday passed by. Yes, I am going to join the gang of 30+ soon :) And that does make me feel a bit old :( but I console myself by justifying that as we grow older, we tend to go closer to becoming a child. ( A 60+ seems to be more like a child to me :P). But anyways, I feel young, hopefully look young too ;) So I turned 29 on this 12th October. Yes, 29. (A rant on the comments people make when you turn 29 will follow later).  I knew  that Art of Living students and volunteers especially Dimple will plan a surprise again like they did last year. And I was in no mood for any surprise. I came back to Delhi last Sunday after 10 days of travel and needed a Sunday by myself. So to imagine people coming in at 12 am or early morning to wish you was not something I was keen on. And I tried my best to spoil their plan. The first thing that is done these days to plan for a surprise is – to make a whatsapp group of the gang :D And I tried to make one of the “surprise” gang members my ally to spy about the plan. Hehe.

Anyways, I poured cold waters on their late night or early wishing plan. And felt really proud of myself (Blush!). Since my birthday fell on a Sunday, I did the long Sudarshan Kriya in Guruji’s voice in the morning. It was wow! To start my birthday with it was like a precious gift. Then I went to a place ( a temple) where I’d been going since childhood..a place where I used to converse with God..used to share my problems..show my gratitude. Before Guruji entered my life, the devi in this temple used to be my savior. She still is but now she’s sent me the physical presence of a Master :) And to honestly confess, earlier I used to go every month there but since past few years, my visits have decreased and though don’t remember precisely, I may not have been there since a year :(

So on my birthday, I thought of doing things which were pending and which I wanted to do. After the kriya, I went to this temple and guess what! I got éclairs in Prasad :) Guess divinity also knew it’s my birthday and gave sweets:) The feeling was wow. When you know the divine mother is hearing you, looking at you, talking to you, there is a fullness that dawns in :)

And I came back home by 12 or so and wanted to rest and do some work. I thought I was successful in shooing away the bacha log. I had made a dinner plan with them so I though all is settled and I have good time for myself till 7 pm. But then these guys were sharp:) They banged in in the afternoon! And I was shocked! I seriously did not expect anyone to come in the heat. And since I never imagined they would, I was in my shorts and T Shirt! Hehe. They did not give me time to even dress up. They came , sprinkled rose petals ( for a moment I felt am I getting married?? ), put a garland and the crown and then the cake cutting ceremony. First 3 came and slowly and steadily others joined them. It was sweet of them to think of me so much and plan everything. Malvika made a card herself. Subhav got something beautiful made.  More important than what they got me, I was overwhelmed by their gesture.  It spoke volumes about how much they love me. At times I question myself , “ Do I really deserve it? It must be some good karmas”


It is purely their love for the Guru element. And this guru tattva is given by my master, our Master – Sri Sri Ravi Shankar. I know all this love , adulation has come from him. It has changed it’s shape over these years. Some people have gone by, some new have come in. But the connection that has happened with all is because of Gurudev. Thank you Guruji. Words will fall short. And you keep on giving me gifts time and again and make me feel special when I really require it  :)

And had a good time with these guys for few hours. After they went, I did another pending thing which is close to my heart – writing :). And my mother is so smart. She came and gifted me something which I had bought for myself few days back! Kitni kanjoos maa hai meri :P But she is adorable :)

I pledge to write a post atleast once a week. There is so much to share, so many events to jot down still. Oh! My Mumbai trip and meeting the beautiful people there! In the next post!

Keep Smiling J

Swati 
Burrday 2014! Burrday 2014! Reviewed by Unknown on Wednesday, October 15, 2014 Rating: 5

No comments:

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.