Sweet November!

It's 24th October 2015. Just a month to go!

I feel marriage is highly overrated in India. People around make you feel like your world is going to change entirely, a would be bride is expected to be all excited, enjoying the courtship period, shopping a lot and looking forward to a new life. I am definitely happy. But I was happy earlier as well. Definitely it is a new feeling, it's great to have a Life partner but I do not believe in the concept of marriage = happiness. I've seen some people of almost my age going ga-ga when their wedding happened.

Marriage has been degraded to more of a pomp and show. And when I question things sometimes, I get this standard reply from my elders "Karna padta hai. Riti Riwaz toh nibhane padte hain. Log kya kahenge". I was clear since the beginning that I will not spend lavishly on wedding. i would rather  save that money and do something constructive than mindlessly spending it just for a show of few hours. 

Ok, coming back to how I am feeling since there are only 30 days to go! well, the first thing that comes up on my mind is - I will miss Delhi. I will miss my social circle. And most importantly, I will miss my mother. The only solace is that I will be more close to my home - The Art of living Bangalore ashram :)  The thought of having to share everything with somebody after a month is a bit scary. especially when you've been given ample liberty at your home and are not habitual of giving a record of where you went, whom you met blah blah. Marriage will definitely change things for me - it will throw new situations, new experiences and how to deal with them, happily. People who are married have all sorts of advice to give me..what to do, what not to do, how to please your husband or how to handle your MIL :) But I feel everyone should go through their own journey and find out what's in store for them. It should not get biased by what experiences others had.

Well, it hasn't yet sunk in that I am leaving Delhi...that I am leaving my home. May be by 23rd November it will. All I can think right now are the things I really wanna do before getting hooked up. And one of the top most , ofcourse, is some bit of travelling! :)

And this is my favourite dialogue for things that seem vague or unknown. "Let's see"

So let's seeeee

keep Smiling 
Swati :)

Sweet November! Sweet November! Reviewed by Unknown on Saturday, October 24, 2015 Rating: 5

No comments:

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.