Things I've learnt from my Mother

Today is Mother’s Day. I think all days in all years are mothers’ days. This day is just another day and way to realize and go back the memory lane to celebrate their existence, appreciate their selfless service and respect their prolific sacrifices. Mothers are goddesses on earth – this can be set in stone.

Everyone loves his / her mothers, especially girls. Mother- Daughter bonding is an intimate one probably because of the same traits that God has bestowed on them – of having a heart which feels, cares, loves and gets hurt and only gets stronger :)  My mother is not too fluent in English so she will not be read it all. And it will be PAIN to translate it and read it out to her. Not because of the English to Hindi thingy but because what I can write is not what I can say. Writing makes me more expressive :)

I’d written a post on her sometime back as a guest blogger for Avishkaar Box. She has been my biggest and the best blessing. I still shudder to think of a life without her. Call it attachment but that’s how it is. She has been my pillar of strength, a shoulder to cry on, my motivator in my low times and my caretaker when I’ve stumped. If someone ask me what unconditional love is, I can only think of her. Being a single parent is not easy. She has been through the toughest ordeals that life can throw and came out with flying colors. She may not seem the smartest woman as she hasn’t learnt sweet talks like many other cunning women, but her faith in the divine has always guided and protected her. Today I am sitting back and recollecting the gifts of life that she has given me which have helped me at all junctures of life that I’ve witnessed so far.


Things I’ve learnt from my Mother
  • Be honest, to yourself and to god. Be smart in life but don’t be cunning or mean. That’s not our true nature.
  • Don’t sit and brood. Sulking is no solution to any problem. Keep yourself busy and keep taking name of God.
  • In every difficult time, remember it is an act of divine to bring your closer to him. Have faith and stay strong.
  • Don’t look at yourself from the eyes of the society. They will keep saying things anyway! Live your life, surrender to God and respect everyone.
  • The divine can never let his devotees fail. NEVER. Whatever happens in life, take it as his Prasad.
  • Girls in today’s day and age should be well educated and working. It is important in order to secure their future.
  • Stay happy and enjoy simple pleasures of life. You may ask God to fulfill your desires but also be grateful for what you have. Never stop thanking God.


Dear God, thank you giving me such an amazing Mother. You have been super loving and super kind. Kudos to all the Mothers and the daughters too! :)

Keep Smiling!

Swati :)



Things I've learnt from my Mother Things I've learnt from my Mother Reviewed by Unknown on Sunday, May 08, 2016 Rating: 5

No comments:

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.