And to the land of Love :)

If you are a Delhite, you will undoubtedly agree that one of the best Sunday vacay is a day trip to Vrindavan. It can be stretched to a weekend plan if there isn't paucity of time.  But be it a 1 day or a weekend trip, it is totally worth it. 

It is believed that after Krishna's birth in Mathura, Lord Krishna spent his childhood in Vrindavan. There are more than hundred temples devoted only to Lord Krishna and Radha. The city gets its name from the fact that at one time, there used to be a basil (known as Brinda in sanskrit) forest (Van in Hindi) engulfing the city. 

Banke Bihari Temple 
Once you land in Vrindavan, Hare Rama Hare Krishna enchants you from all possible sides and you can feel a tranquility dawning in. Personally, while taking the feet journey to Banke Bihari Temple, it's a beautiful experience to see all the shops offering clothes, beds , jhoolas, jewelry for Ladoo Gopals at your home.  Banke Bihari is one of the most renowned temples.The reason for this is the idol of Lord Krishna. The eyes of the idol are said to be too powerful for long periods of viewing.  It is said if you gaze into their eyes for too long with devotion, they will come along with you. The pandits and people of Vrindavan don't want this to happen. Hence, at very frequent intervals curtains are drawn and opened for people to pay their homage. There is a huge line to seek the Lord’s blessings here, as this is believed to be one of the most powerful and wish-fulfilling temple. Well, I don't know about the wishes part but it is my place of solace where I can go and share my heart out and feel free. Faith can move mountains. Off late, I have realized that it only our small mind that holds on to things and doesn't let go. GOD is all ready and willing to take it all IF ONLY we are willing to trust him. Thank you Krishna for everything!!

If you want a day trip, Banke Bihari , ISKCON and Nidhivan can easily be covered. It is said that Radha Krishna come at night in Nidhivan to do rasleela and anyone who stays there at night, attains Nirvana and is found dead the next day. It is prohibited to stay there at night . And my mother also told me that after 6 pm or before sunset, shopkeepers shut their shops and all the nearby houses close their doors and windows.  Nobody dares to check what's happening outside. They have unshakable faith that Gods come at night and they do not want to disturb them. I wanted to see this place but I reached by 1 pm and it was closed :( So don't make a mistake like me - you can first got to Banke Bihari then Nidhivan and come back to ISKCON. They have aarti at ISKCON at 1 pm. 

And then you can have a sumptuous Lunch at Maharaja Agarsein Dharamshala. Yes! It feels like ghar ka khana - a thali with roti, chawal, dal, sanzi, raita, salad and papad. Only for 80 Rs. with unlimited rice, chapati and sabzi. Hai na good deal? Well, I wanted extra raita and papad but they've clearly written that there will not be not second serving of these. They know the tendencies of bhukkads like me. Hehe. The Lunch timings are 12.30 pm - 2 pm. Address is :

 Parikrama Marg, Vrindavan - 281121, Opposite Dhanuka Ashram

And for the dessert , try this egg free super delicious cake from ISKCON food shop. Comes at just Rs. 50! Sorry, I realized to take a pic after i had started hogging ;)

You know what was the best part of this trip? taking selfies with mommyyy! Well, she HATES getting clicked and it's a herculean task to get her sit still for a pic. I've managed to atleast get some clicks, turning her expressions into sober ones will take time :) Abhi ke liye mein itne se khush hu. Hehe




And I must share the blunder I did! I booked train tickets from Mathura to Delhi for 4.55 pm. We reached station at 2.30 pm and waited till 4.30 to check which platform we should go to. And to my utter embarrassment, I realized I had booked a ticket for 4.55 am the same day!! Wo train toh kab ki chali gayi :D Man! It was damn funny and at the same time embarrassing. Thankfully my supermom applied her brains, got general tickets by barging into a crowded line and we boarded the next train at 6 pm and reached home by 9.30 pm. I thing there is something wrong with me when it comes to train and flights. I have missed them couple of times. I have decided that either i will not book them or if I do, I will ask some "responsible" person to check them once :) 

In this hustle bustle of metro life, Vrindavan is a reprieve and is like a breeze of fresh air!

- Swati 
And to the land of Love :) And to the land of Love :) Reviewed by Unknown on Wednesday, June 01, 2016 Rating: 5

No comments:

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.