Happy Guru Purnima!

I am writing this post because a Facebook status or a tweet would not be suffice to capture the beauty of this day:)
Today is a thanksgiving day to all the Masters or the gurus who’ve come in our life and helped us grow and evolve as a better person.I am thankful to all my School and College teachers for the academic education. Especially grateful to some of them who helped me hone up my skills and work on my development areas. Thankful to some friends who’ve played the role of a guiding light in times of distress. Thank you to all the unknown and far away people who’ve helped me in innumerable and unimaginable ways. I know day in day out there are countless blessings which go unnoticed by me.
If there is one thing that I think I need to practice more these days, it is gratefulness. And I know this because I have experienced the state of utter gratefulness , where each moment was like a play of divine, each experience was the God’s plane. I know, intellectually, that it still holds true. If there is anything that has changed, it is my own attitude.
I’ve become a bit of complaining creature, kind of a nitpicker who is always finding faults in everything:) But an Aho Niranjana! moment made me realize this:) And I thought what better day to be grateful than Guru Poornima:)
I know I have a lot in life. A LOT. *touchwood* Despite all odds , imperfections and challenges, I know God had given me and still giving me a lot and has always provided a supporting hand. My biggest blessings have been my Mother and my Master Sri Sri Ravi Shankar.
I am amazed, inspired and at times ashamed too😦  to see the love and the to-good-to-be true sacrificing nature of my mother. She is one strong woman I know. She stands up for what she feels is right and her biggest strength in my knowledge is her undying faith in God. I have myself seen how her prayers get answered, how God gives her difficulty and then the courage to face it. I am happy to have realized the power of religious ceremonies now. I think even I can be 1% of what she is, my life is done for this lifetime.
And heartfelt gratitude to my Master. You’ve given me unconditional love. And I realize there have been times when I have got swayed by the maya and you still do not judge or discard and have embraced me with open arms. Your love has never diminished. It is only me who fail to experience it at times. Our connection is through our spiritual practices. If we are hollow and empty from inside, we can experience this connection deeper. When the garbage of the world gets accumulated in the mind, one loses touch with the inner self.
Guruji, you’ve given me more than I deserve. Teri rehmaton mein koi kami nahi, meri ehtiyat mai dheel hai.
Pranams and Gratitude
Swati

Happy Guru Purnima! Happy Guru Purnima! Reviewed by Unknown on Wednesday, July 20, 2016 Rating: 5

No comments:

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.