La Vida@Life Rocks!

LIFE ROCKS! - For the past one and a half month or so,  this phrase has become an integral part of my life. Since 1st June, life has shown a new dimension...it feels as if I've got a gift for the anniversary I celebrated! I'd written about it earlier here.

After organizing YES!+ course from 1st June-6th June, the focus shifted to the YES!+ event - "Life Rocks" which was initially scheduled to happen on 26th June. In 1st -6th June YES!+ , few dancers emerged!I'd been longing for YES!+ people from North Delhi who have a passion for dancing. And to top itall, in that YES!+ , we had Girivar - a participant who's been an instructor at Shaimak Davar!

So a few participants - especially Nikita and Rahul were really excited and looking forward to participate in "Life Rocks". They wanted a group dance and were looking for people. I still haven't figured what made me say YES to join them! Looking back it all seems a dream!

When we embarked on our dance journey, we were 3 couples. After few weeks, 2 more couples joined and a guy from the initial 3 couples backed out :D..so we were on look out for a replacement. In the last 3-4 days, the best dancers (Girivar &Vamika)  joined us! :)
I remember Rishiji saying this on Guru Purnima day " Guruji aapko shabdo se zyada anubhav se sikhate hai"..and that I feel is so true! He gives you oppurtunites to nurture your talent, to test your knowledge and develop your skills!

On 24th July at Shah Auditorium , we FINALLY had our performance! Our costumes were simply amazing! esp. girls were in love with the salsa skirt ;). I'd earlier performed at Bhakti Concert at Sirifort Auditorium. This time I wasn't nervous 'coz one thing I knew for sure was that at THAT time when you are dancing , it is HIS grace which is flowing. All you need to do is to smile and enjoy.Rest he will take care :) And that's what exactly I did.

The Audience loved our performace! It was so heart warming. My mentor, YES!+ teacher Rohit Ranjan came back stage and gave us all a big hug. Those moments made me so nostalgic, my eyes were wet, completely drenched in bliss :) :) I felt so near to my Guru, could feel him around <3 <3

During the entire journey of 30-40 days, I learnt so much. So many challenges came, people would come late or  wouldn't turn up for reherasals, miscommunication, misunderstandings, non availability of venue for rehearsals and a lot more but our persistence paid off.

When we last showed our performance to Saleel Bhaiya and Atika di (Sr. YES!+ teachers), before the final show,Atika di told us it was an "Average" performance.Saleel Bhaiya said i was making my partner feel scared by my expressions.We took the feedback in good spirits and worked on our performance:) I'm really thankful to Saleel Bhaiya for the feedback given :)

After the show, we went to meet Guruji who was in delhi..,managed to catch few glimpses which made empty yet so full <3 <3

24th July has gone and it will treasured as a fond memory! Thank you Guruji for such a life! Have no words :) :) Thanks to the whole team - Girivar, Rahul, Kartik,Hemant,Mayank,Shreya, Garima, Himani, Nikita. :) I've learnt something or the other from each of them! G bless all :)

P.S: Though I didn't get much pics clicked, just a few precious ones here for you!:)



Aao huzoor tumko Sitaaron mein ....... :)

My Dance Group - "La Vida"
Rahul, Garima ....me and my dance Partner Kartik - special thanks to him! :)

La Vida@Life Rocks! La Vida@Life Rocks! Reviewed by Unknown on Tuesday, July 26, 2011 Rating: 5

No comments:

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.