Happy Karwa Chauth!


Today is Karwa Chauth. I REALLY like the idea of fasting for someone. And movies like DDLJ have glorified it. NO, I am not on a fast. With two of my best buddies’ first Karwa Chauth, today has become all the more exciting. I haven’t gone to a market place today but I am sure the mehendi fragrance, smell or whatever you name it will be the flavor of the day, with women queing up to get their hands decorated, buying choodis and stuff. Aaj toh dukaandaro ki aish hai! I like the feel of Karwa Chauth minus the hustle bustle. I am finding it too girly to write all this but that’s what is on my mind J Please bear.


I was remembering my school days, around VIth or VIIth standard, when I had my first crush. It seems so silly to recall how it meant the world to me..I thought that THIS is what love is!..Singing all the hit romantic numbers of that time, writing diaries and poems, chup chup ke dekhna and what not! And the Karwa Chauth that year became like a BIG thing for me..me not eating anything till like 2 pm and then having a chewing gum as I felt damn hungry! Hahahah. Such silly memories puts up a smile at the same time makes me say, “Shuks! Was it me??” Nevertheless, I am pretty mature now to understand its importance and value J I strongly feel in today’s age, a guy should also keep a fast. Why should boys have all the fun?? They must also pray for our long lives! Lols!



I don’t like the family part of Karwa Chauth. Women getting together and stuff. I like the dressing part, mehendi part and the moon part. Plus the gift part J OMG! I can’t believe it’s me. I seriously never explored this side of me. It is coming out abruptly today! The Indian tradition is so rich in culture. The festivities add color to life. After KC today, Diwali celebrations will take over. Again Diwali, I like the Puja part minus the cracker part. Well, in life good things come like a cat with a tail attached of not so good things, which is ok. Might as well focus on the cat :D I will soak myself in the moonlight tonight. Being unmarried and single has its own merit. I am loving it today! J

Happy Karwa Chauth again to all the married ones and the would be ones!
Treat well and feed wellJ          

Keep Smiling J
Swati


Happy Karwa Chauth! Happy Karwa Chauth! Reviewed by Unknown on Friday, November 02, 2012 Rating: 5

No comments:

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.