Leading the International Robotronics Challenge!

It's an old story now. but worth jotting down. I don't know if I've shared this thought earlier  ,"There is a life that you plan and then there is a life that happens to you." I guess till 2012 I was living a life which I had planned, pursuing my passion, following my heart, doing the unconventional. And then from 2013, life started happening to me :) But that's also good in a way. It has made me realize that certain things are beyond human control. We FEEL we are ruling our life but the realities are different. I've always wanted to do full time social service. To travel to rural areas, remote places and spread the knowledge and make them experience the power of meditation. But God had its own plan. Here I am stuck at one place, would now think several times even before taking an off and the whole day passes by in work. But hey! I am not complaining :) I am enjoying this life too. In life , we always have a choice to make. i can easily take a comfortable job which pays me more for fixed working hours , where the weekends are off and the responsibilities are less. But what i am doing currently is like a dream job - an entrepreneurial one , something which i had always wanted to pursue but never had the risk taking ability. i know this year would be challenging, there would be moments when i will get bogged down, may doubt myself, may feel like running away but so be it! I want to take this road-less-traveled and experience it for myself. 

I still have the dream of serving my Master and spending time with the Master. And there is a hope still. Let's see. :) Professionally the last 5 months were challenging because I was the lead co-ordinator for the International Robotronics Challenge. (IRC). IRC is one of India's biggest Robotics competition and this time round we had planned to conduct it in almost 11 places in North India - 10 Zonals and 1 Grand finale. Seems easy? Nah, it wasn't. Probably because it was the first time for me.


So from October I worked like a robot - everything programmed and timed . The first phase of work was on graphics and pitching in for sponsors. And luckily, sponsorship came . Then the next step was execution at outreaching Schools to take part in IRC , follow ups, conducting training, competition and post event work. 


The first IRC was held at DPS Intl, Saket on 22nd November and I was given the responsibility. I had no clue where to start with and how but I gave my 100%, calling up each and every School in South Delhi and the event turned out be well. Of course it was the first one and with each IRC, we only got bigger and better :) But throughout the crazy moments, the turmoils. the disagreements, the hassles, the sleepless nights, the pillar -to-post phase taught a lot and even to remember it is making me proud. I even got to visit Amritsar which I had shared here.

And the best was the Grand Finale held in The Shriram School, Moulsari Campus, Gurgaon on 17th January. THAT was the day! 60+ Schools. 400+ students. Co-ordination was not a cakewalk. Managing logistics kept m on my toes. I was talking an Art of Living course simultaneously in the evenings so I did have a hard time managing both. And I was made to be on the stage :) I did not feel nervous at all. And i owe it completely to the techniques of the Art of Living Foundation and its founder Sri Sri Ravi Shankar. From a school girl who used to take leaves when her teacher used to send her for debates, someone whose legs use to shake behind the podium while giving presentations in college, someone who would be happy sitting at the back than grabbing the limelight and feel jittery...to the one who can now face anything with a smile. How it goes, good or bad, that doesn't matter. But I feel at ease most of the times being on the centre stage. Thank you Guruji. :)

I , by myself, was never so confident though I always knew I am intelligent. All because of you :)



But all this was made possible also because of the strong support by few team members. They were an inspiration and together we were able to make it a success. 

IRC Open League is coming up in June 2014. Again time for some more action and power packed thrill :) But currently my new project AvishkaarBox is keeping my plate full, rather it is overflowing :)

Keep Smiling :)
Swati







Leading the International Robotronics Challenge! Leading the International Robotronics Challenge! Reviewed by Unknown on Thursday, April 10, 2014 Rating: 5

No comments:

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.