Bells are going to ring soon!

11th November 2015

Exactly 2 weeks from now, life will change. It’s easy to write but very difficult to imagine or anticipate. I am getting married man! It’s now that I’ve started having butterflies in my stomach! I am sure every girl whose married has gone through phase, probably the duration may have varied from a month to may be just a day before THE day.

Marriage does change a lot of things. And the changes starts happening all by themselves. You don’t need to force yourself to do things that you haven’t done, you start enjoying them or feel like doing them for your partner because it will make him or her happy. Marrying someone from a different state brings in a lot of cultural changes. Though he is a baniya, he has been born and brought up in Bangalore, speaks kannada and eats South Indian food. To me, he looks South Indian too :). And since his relatives are spread over Punjab as well, there is a touch of “Punjabiness” in the attire, attitude. I am sure his love-for-food has to do with his Punjabi connection ;)

I have mixed feelings and myriad of thoughts swimming in my mind currently – Oh Shucks! When did I say a yes? Man! I would have to leave Delhi! A new family…new relations…sharing everything with someone..it’s scary!! Well, right now the only knowledge that’s playing in my mind is “ if God has bought you to it, he will take you through it!” :D Lol. I was reading this latest post by Sri Sri and what I understood from it was to feel Abundance – Bahut kuch mila hai jeevan mein. We have got so much in life. There is no end to the desires. But just spending some moments to reflect what all we have, a wow state comes in. God has been SUPER kind on us. At least I can say this for myself *touchwood*. But I feel he is super kind on everyone. It’s just a matter of how we look at things.

I think I am trying to deviate my mind from the 2 weeks scary part by all such talks. Haha. But as much as I am scared, I am looking forward to the newness In life. The phase of having a partner, of living in a new city, learning new culture and language and of course being close to my home – The Art of Living Ashram :)

The only prayer I right now have to God is to help me see and understand things in the right perspective, help me respond to situations than impulsively react, give me the patience to adjust in the new environment and be accepting of things. And to continue my sadhna, sewa and satsang.

All said and done, let’s see what life has to offer in the coming times. Bring it on!!

Keep Smiling :)

Swati
Bells are going to ring soon! Bells are going to ring soon! Reviewed by Unknown on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 Rating: 5

No comments:

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.