Ambition v/s Aspiration v/s Passion – differentiators?

It’s been 17 days since I’ve left my job and I haven’t made much headway in my journey to realize my dream – thanks to my foot :). I’ve been observing myself during this idle phase – initially experienced restlessness; the good part - its magnitude has come down considerably. Boredom and desperation were also apparent.

These feelings and thoughts have instigated a debate in my mind – am I ambitious? AND/ OR Do I have aspirations? AND /OR Am I passionate about something? I’ve been trying to ascertain the cause of the restless experienced. For me, acceptance of the situation is a different paradigm altogether. I fully accept my situation and have no grudges. However, if I look back on the plans made and the risk taken in life, something inside shakes up.

Does ambition lead to passion or is it passion that gives way to ambition? In my opinion, aspirations work at a very subtle level. They do not create the BIG picture, they only contribute. So how different is ambition from passion and in what all sense?

My highly left brained mind finds too many similarities b/w the two -

When you are passionate about something, it becomes a part of YOU. So does ambition.
Both Passion and ambition make you go the extra mile
Both create a “Can do” state in you
Both gives a meaning to life - “what to do?”
Both show your clarity of thought process and drive

Still I’m perplexed but I feel that passion sounds more positive. Passion creates zeal and enthusiasm while ambition may become botheration. Ambition may die out, passion flourishes

So am I passionate or ambitious? Don’t know :(

I feel I have a passion, will figure out soon

Keep Smiling :)
Ambition v/s Aspiration v/s Passion – differentiators? Ambition v/s Aspiration v/s  Passion – differentiators? Reviewed by Unknown on Monday, May 17, 2010 Rating: 5

No comments:

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.