TeRa MaIn - a Day of Grace :)

Wanted to share this yesterday but was so full (as well as so empty) that words didn’t find their way. On13th May falls our beloved Guruji’s bday (H.H Sri Sri Ravi Shankar). It was last year that I came into Art of Living and attended 2009 bday celebrations. That day itself I pledged that next year I am going to contribute to the celebrations in a way to make it feel like a birthday. Normally on Guruji’s bday, Guru Puja and satsang happen across the globe but I had this desire that since Guruji’s is so childlike, his bday should have some touch of kiddishness , youthfulness and above all, liveliness.

So, we decided to have YES+ celebrations yesterday at 5.30 pm. Planning for all this happened just 2 days before (which is a very short period!) especially if you want to call all the YES+ gang ( which is a 500+ figure) and invite them. So plan was made and messages and emails circulated. Normally you get a gathering of 20-25 through these channels but since the teacher (JD Bhaiya) was quite senior and the fact that he’d come from Bangalore Ashram made it a prerequisite to have atleast 60-70 ppl! Not a great challenge if you have a calling team, BIG task if you don’t have one:(

I did whatever I could, to the best of my abilities. Some other volunteers supported immensely. But I was still apprehensive whether the figure of attendants would cross 40. Nevertheless, celebrations began, decorations – blowing balloons, rangoli, garland, cake bla bla bla. Till 5.30, around 25 people had gathered. I was told by the coordinator that take the figure to at least 40-45 asap. I was in a fix! What to do? Called some invitees, some other volunteers too called. For a few seconds, I just relaxed and prayed because I really wanted the celebrations to be rocking and within the next few minutes, lo and behold! People started entering God (oops Guruji) knows from where! The rush didn’t seem to end for a while! The figure crossed 60 very easily in a short span! I was amazed and awestruck!

Grace left me wonderstruck yesterday evening, I met people whom I was sure won’t come, I met a lost friend (I’ve taken it as Guruji’s return gift). Till yesterday afternoon, I couldn’t walk properly ( bcoz of my foot injury) but during the time I was there for the bday, not only was I walking, I was running and doing all the errands without feeling any pain!! ( Ya, but it did pain a bit after the celebrations were over :P, wo toh chalta hai)

But, the joy, the fullness and above all, the grace that was experienced is beyond words. It was such a satisfying feeling to see people smile from their heart…. to sing…dance….play pranks and just be childlike! Guruji surely made his b’day memorable for me
Hope to celebrate many such b’days with much more vigor and enthusiasm
Jai Guru Dev!

Keep Smiling :)
TeRa MaIn - a Day of Grace :) TeRa MaIn - a Day of Grace :) Reviewed by Unknown on Friday, May 14, 2010 Rating: 5

No comments:

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.