Ooh..La..la

So the other day I bumped into a School pal – I saw her almost after 6-7 years. We were together in the same class for a few years. Later she took science while I opted for commerce. As we met in a market area, I guess both of us weren’t willing to chitachat for long as we had our own shopping goals to accomplish :P.. The conversation lasted hardly for 8-10 minutes but what an impact it had! It wasn’t the regular “how are you”..”so hwz your life going” kind stuff..

I have to share the interesting conversation we guys had! (I wouldn’t like to mention her name, let she be X..)

Me: So where are you working? Google right? Great
X: Ya, it’s supposed to be the best company to work for

X: So what are your plans for the future?
Me: I plan to go for executive MBA next year?

X: Ya but they don’t provide good placements
Me: Ya I know but I don’t wish to do my MBA for placement, it’s just for learning.

X: Money Matters Swati
Me: Ya, I agree to it but I’ve always got what I need. SO I’m not really looking at the placement part.

X: hahahahha…you haven’t changed Swati

Me: So you in touch with anyone from School?
X: Ya I’m in touch with A and B
[Assume A and B to be 2 students of our batch]

Me: Who’s B? Oh! Must be a sciencee
X: What a reverence you have for people Swati (said this in a sarcastic tone with a smile)..I mean “sciencee” hoga..
Me: Ha toh that’s what science students were called and tum bhi toh “commerce wale” jaise words use karte the.

X: So you must be in touch with your whole gang? So what’s’ Kanika doing? I’ve heard she is in London these days?
Me: Ya, she completed her NIFT and chadaarein (ya I used this term for bedsheet) design karti thi..she gone for some course in London

X: Wow Swati! Just bcoz you have passed out from Sukhdev doesn’t mean you say things like that ..”chadarein design karti thi” ..I mean show some reverence (again that sarcastic tone)
Me: Isme kya hai? That’s how we guys talk. Nobody takes it offensively.

Me: I went to school a few days back and “Aana Paana*” is still on there! Torture for students! I’d starting hating meditation due to it till I came into YES!+
{* Aana paana is a silly and stupid so called meditation we were made to do everyday after assembly}
X: hahahhaha…ya philanthropy at the age of 24..so like you

Me: So give me your Number, we’ll keep in touch.
[ I took out my cell which had the photo of Sri Sri Ravi shankar as the wallpaper]
X: Oh! Sri Sri Ravi Shankar! Philantrophy! You haven’t changed Swati

Though the conversation lasted a few minutes, it played in my mind for a while. I realized something which I would call the societal syndrome. If you conform to what others are doing, it is OK but if you aren’t, there’s really something wrong with you! How silly! People are loosing their naturalness and just being what they are supposed to be rather than what they want to be! A good education, a good career have become the defining factors!

The whole thing didn’t irritate me but just made me laugh..at the sheer ignorance…

One can only laugh at the fact that what is an illusion is taken as the reality and what IS actually the reality isn’t even been given a consideration

Funny society we live in, must say!

Anyways,

Keep Smiling :)
Ooh..La..la Ooh..La..la Reviewed by Unknown on Monday, August 30, 2010 Rating: 5

No comments:

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.