Hindsight

Hmmm…so what to discuss..

Some things just can’t be shared so openly (how I wish they could be) but there is something that just stops me unfastening

But I will try and be as open as far as possible. I just feel like sharing this..

I left my job in Gurgaon after deliberate consideration. It wasn’t a calculative move though but at that point in time I had a strong urge of doing things which I really wanted to in life. Honestly, it was a great job – Good profile, good package, work from Home, Out of India travel, good colleagues etc. etc. Yes, there were certain demotivators too but overall a good job. When I left, I had no fixed job in hand but I wasn’t tensed. I left in April and in the month of May taught as a BBS faculty, which was one of my long overdue desires. Then in June, only by chance, I got the privilege of organizing YES! + Course in North Delhi. THAT was the turning point. Words will fall short to describe the feeling I had! Immense satisfaction and relaxation, something I was DYING for. It was during this course that I realized what true sewa (service) is.

Then I went for my 3rd Advance course to Bangalore Ashram (Summer Magic) and had a ball! When I came back, I was looking for a job – but I was clear on certain parameters – it’s gotta be a Delhi job, the work timings should be flexible/not very stringent, the Boss should not be anti-spiritual and I must get time for my spiritual endeavors

So I got a job which sort of met most of my parameters-honestly I had no great expectations from this job. Compared to my previous work experience, there was no value add. I said yes ‘coz I was in dire need of money, the work sounded ok and I saw a great scope of doing social service there.

Well, it been almost 2 months of me working there and I am having certain interesting realizations. Some things can never change at any workplace. One may switch jobs but THEY will remain. So my acceptability of certain things has increased. I’ve realized I lack in self-discipline. Despite getting ample time now, I am still not doing many things which I can.

My almost 3 year stint at Gurgaon was hectic but it kept me in a lot of discipline. I don’t regret the choices I’ve made. Whatever has happened at any point in time, I feel, has been the best for me. Even now, this phase is kind of adventurous.

I’ve always gone by what I feel right than what the societal norms are some people say I’ve ruined my career , I’ve lost ambitions, I’m getting too much into social service But at the end of the day I feel happy and at peace with myself.

I enjoy what I do or else what I do, I make it enjoyable! :)

Just the sheer faith that “I am taken care of” alleviates all discomfort, frustration and all associated negative tendencies..It doesn't mean leaving everything and sitting idle. Take full responsibility and then let go.

Keep Smiling :)
Hindsight Hindsight Reviewed by Unknown on Wednesday, September 01, 2010 Rating: 5

No comments:

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.