Laut Aaya Bachpan!!..

A child is the best person to learn innocence from.

My Sister , whose 5 years elder to me, came to stay for a week with her 2 kids - 8 year old son and 3 year old daughter. Sister and I are poles apart in our outlook and attitude towards life. She's as such a nice and swwet person - homely  kind but bothered about looks and status and especially about what society at large has to say..aagh!  Everytime she comes to stay , she has a hot topic of my marriage but now I've found a very amusing solution. Anytime she brings this up - my reply is " Dear Sis, don't worry! I will let you know one month in advance so that you can buy the latest sarees and accessories for the marriage.You surely will look pretty" :P (It works!)

Ok, not swaying from the topic- innocence. Being with my 8 year nephew, Yash, is a nightmare! He is way too clever and always wants to have last say in things. As the kid grows, there's got to be discipline imbibed esp. by the parents. He perpetually sang
"Munni Badnaam hui" for the whole week he stayed! Gross!  And it isn't that this is the only case. This is a harsh reality. With the advent of cable televison, even kids watch daily soaps!

On the contrary , my 3 year old niece Anshika is a sweetheart. It's possibly b'coz she is 3 year old and is a girl :) No matter what she did , I couldn't be angry on her for more than 2 minutes. Her cute and innocent smile used to make my anger melt like a hot soup converting into an ice-cream :)

Being a 3 year old, half of the time she didnt knew what she was doing - putting a broom on my head , walking with shoes on the bed, spilling food all over, not letting me sleep at my place coz the princess wants to sit there, commanding me to become a horse lest she would cry, ensuring I wake up by hook or by crook the moment she is awake, keeping the doors wide open early morning or late evenings as the princess wanted to enjoy the cold breeze while we shivered  and the list goes on....

I am a very organized person and a cleanliness freak. I love to have my things in place and a discplined routine. In addition, at the end of the day atleast I look forward to find solace at a quiet place - silence and serene.

For a week, I missed the cleanliness and silence but it didn;t make me angry on the cute child. It was just her sheer innocence , the way she behaved, unaware of the havoc caused and always smiling.

As we grow up, we start loosing this very innocence. A child is so happy in his/her own world. The way they walk, talk, do things..its  just so lovely!

Guruji says - " Be child like,and not childish".  I relived like a child in the past week. In any case, I'm a child at heart and the world can be a much better and beautiful place if we all grown up retain the child in us :)

Princess has gone back to her kingdom, she's thoroughly missed :)

Keep Smiling :)
Laut Aaya Bachpan!!.. Laut Aaya Bachpan!!.. Reviewed by Unknown on Sunday, January 16, 2011 Rating: 5

No comments:

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.