Family Affair!

I've been a person whose lived life according to her will. Since beginning,  I've  followed by intuition and done unconventional things.I think decision making ability has one strong point - you hold on to it despite the setbacks or pitfalls and are ready to take full ownership of the consequences even if things go haywire. I've always stood up for my decisions. And the best platform to test it has been when I'm with my relatives :)

Festive and wedding season are two such times when I'm bound to meet them. I mean there is no escape out! Not to say that I don't like them, I fully respect them. It's just that they still live in the era of 80's ;). Everytime I meet them they have selected few things to discuss or comment on - my weight ( gone thinner), my color (gone darker), my job and these days the hottest topic is my marriage!

I feel they are just so wella! They have nothing substantial to talk about. And all the while when I'm with them, they take interest in my matters as if they are the ones who will do everything for me! I know my words may be sounding too harsh but if you get to meet my relatives, you may speak harsher :P

The girls in my family get married MAXIMUM by the age of 25!( though I've been an exception, kudos to my decision making ability ;).Earlier , the preference for a groom used to be a businessman. Thankfully, they've modernized a bit and now look for service class guys. Even though girls in my family are well educated , they prefer to decorate their homes and sit in a saree or suit all the day long. Wearing jeans or any such thing post marriage is a "Hai Ram" thingy! Within a year or so you will find them blessed with a baby ( as if their SOLE purpose of marrying was this!)They may not be pleased with their in-laws behavior and may crib at length BUT will never raise their voice or discuss the matter with them! ideal bahu image you see ;) The bhai log in my family have the same mindset. It runs in the genes you see ;)

Now have empathy on my plight. When they talk about my marriage, I feel pukish on visualizing! I mean give me a break! I live in Delhi, not Iraq. I have all respect for my brothers and sisters but I feel its a shame on the valued education they've got if they are so dogmatic and rigid! Now I know if I speak all this in front of them, the next shot would be is this what spirituality has taught you?? Please note that this would be asked by people who've haven't taken a plunge into spirituality yet ;) No doubt spirituality teaches you to accept and embrace BUT it never says that you cannot have your viewpoint. Rather, a spiritual person can better lead his/her life in the right direction :)

Anyways, today was one such day when I was enfolded with gang of relatives.I know tomorrow would be a new day where I will be back in my own world :) There's no family wedding lined up and the next festivity will be after a few months. Till then, I'm free from the restraints of the beloved relatives.

Keep Smiling :)  

P.S: All said and done, I love my relatives :)


Family Affair! Family Affair! Reviewed by Unknown on Sunday, March 04, 2012 Rating: 5

No comments:

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.