Change with the Change


The only constant thing in life is change. After every YES!+, I look back for my learnings.

The YES!+ course that ended yesterday was a big lesson for me – embrace change. That’s what I always pray for. Once the learning stops in life, you are dead. It was my 7th YES!+ as a teacher. I make sure that every time; I take the course with a new teacher. Every teacher has his/her own style and there is something new I get to learn.

 This course was announced only 7 days prior. I was positive about the registrations but somehow on the start date, there were only 10 new registrations. Mind you, there was no repeater too. Now I had to take a call whether to continue or postpone it. I’ve never ever taken such a small course so far. The last 3 courses have been almost 40-50 people, including repeaters and volunteers. Leave aside taking; I’ve never organized such a small course as a volunteer. The minimum has been 17, at least. It was a BIG hit to my ego I would say. It’s also about maintaining your standards. After taking such good courses, 10 people course didn’t make sense. Moreover, YES!+ is a youth course which requires enthusiasm and group activities. 10 logo mein kya energy banega?

Minnie, the other teacher said we should go ahead with it. I still had my doubts and was thinking when suddenly the volunteer came and told that out of those 10, 2 of them needed the course desperately. They are going through major challenge in life. One was on the verge of depression. It was at that moment that I decided to say a yes. Because of my small mind, my ego, I couldn’t quit. After all, it’s my Guru’s course. Who am I to deprive people of this experience?? So I surrendered all my apprehensions to the Guru and entered. Though 10, I tell you they were bubbling with enthusiasm! Wo dus log 100 ke barabar the! On Day 1, nowhere did I feel it’s a small course. The first day of the course went smoothly but when I went back, the thoughts still bothered me. It took me almost a day to accept the fact. It was a big shock for me still. 10 people course??? Blaming the volunteers or others was of no use. It would only lower my energy and as it is the volunteers were new and had done their best.

So before the second day of the course started, I somehow brought myself to accept it. Simple rule helped – embrace change. Something radical can be learnt only by something new. When the gratitude in me dawned, grumbling stopped J The next 5 days of the course made me embrace change daily. The memory had stored the experiences basis the previous courses and the intellect was working accordingly. Embracing change helped to break those shackles! J The mind said “I know it but still there are many new ways of knowing it”. This made me welcome change. Perhaps that’s what one must know with a Guru in life. The life will be uncertain and full of adventures. The Guru doesn’t guarantee comforts. He assures that we become strong. A guru doesn’t satisfy all our greed (some he does!) but he gives us what we need.

Like his own baby, he takes care. I have my share of challenges in life but he made sure that I sail though them smiling during the course.

With every course, my love and gratitude for him increases. He cares so much. He loves so much. He gives so much. He grooms so much. The best teacher in the world.

Celebrated the Teacher’s day week in true sense! J

Keep Smiling J
Swati
Change with the Change Change with the Change Reviewed by Unknown on Monday, September 10, 2012 Rating: 5

No comments:

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.