Udaipur Diaries - 1

15th September ended on a sweet note :) I've realized that things and people are as important in your life as you make them out to be. This date is special because I have given it that weightage. The day I shun it off from my heart diary, it will no longer hold relevance. And it's entirely in my hand.
*****************************
It's been 2 days in Udaipur. One thing I've realized. Every 3-4 months, I must travel out of Delhi for a few days. In June I went to Bangalore and now here. I'm going to be here till November end. The journey so far has been full of funny stories! Since the train from Delhi started, I can feel the divine playing with me at his best. Imagine the training head going with us is drunk n litlle off the track..then imagine some Rajasthani women boarding the train and jumping in your life calling the training head your "papa" and going on non stop!! It was so difficult for me to control my laughter!! 

Udaipur weather is nice. A little chilly in the morning and evening. And normal during the day. The college I will be teaching is on a very serene location. Greenery all around and one can see the mountains !! :) Few things I've observed here..many men have their ears pierced. Most of the girls here drive Scooty and Activa. The guys, since its a small city, tend to show off more with glasses and overspeeding bikes. Yes! it's a fact. And food here is spicy!!! 

The first day at the college went in figuring out accomodation. They gave us a room in Boy's hostel! (since there is no girls hostel near the campus and we preferred a location near to the college). I put my foot down. No ways! So I'm right now in a Hotel and enjoying luxurious meals and lazy days :) On top of it, 2 days college is off on account of Ganesh Chaturthi and Bharat Bandh.  I saw Fatehsagar Lake yesterday. For somebody from Delhi and exposed to extreme heat, it is sheer bliss!

 


In the evening when the street lights were put on, a calmness dawned. I wanted to sit and meditate in the breeze but next time :) I'm new to the city , it's not Delhi where I know the intricacies.

As easy as it sounds, staying here for 2 months with a hectic schedule, away from home and loved ones is going to be challenging. But I know my Guru has sent me here for a purpose. He has always done that:) And it would be my great honor to serve him in any which way :)

More on Udaipur in the next post.

Keep Smiling.


Udaipur Diaries - 1 Udaipur Diaries - 1 Reviewed by Unknown on Thursday, September 20, 2012 Rating: 5

No comments:

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.