Teacher's Day!


Teacher’s Day just passed. When I think of 5th September, I’m reminded of Dr. Radhakrishnan and of course, school. The pedigree has been such. While in school, every year the week that had this day would pass by in writing some speech or essay on Dr. Radhakrishnan or on the importance of teachers. Mind you, it used to be JUST an essay with no personal feelings attached :) or else I would be making drawings etc for the classroom boards. I used to enjoy these things since I was good at both.

But now, for me, the definition of Teacher’s day has changed. Or may be it has become more refined. The word “teacher” used to mean school teachers or somebody teaching any subject. While in School, I was a cynosure for most of my teachers – sincere, obedient and reliable. And I used to respect my teachers immensely (I still do!). But as I came out of the cocoon of school life, faced the outer world and especially when spirituality entered my life, I discovered something new. A subject teacher no doubt provides knowledge and gives guidance in that area but a teacher who gives life wisdom and a meaning to life is of highest regard. Somebody who makes you live life to its fullest..somebody who inspires you to spread the joy. I feel proud to have such teachers in my life. Though there are many, there are few whom I would like to mention and thank on my blog. :)

Rupal Shah
My first YES!+ teacher. She was the first person whom I wished yesterday. For anyone who has done a YES!+, the first teacher/s are ALWAYS special. And she was the one who kind of made things happen for me to do Advance course. She made me meet Bawa and Dinesh and it was then that I decided to go for advance course. Her naturalness, her warmth is endearing. She talks less and when she does, it is with such love and belongingness. During the last 3.5 years, I would have hardly met her 10-15 times but every time I do, she seems the same. In all my confusions, I remember her. One person whom I think I made proud on becoming an art of Living teacher is her. And I owe it to her ‘coz she was the source of initiation.

Thank you Rupal Di. You know what you mean to me :) Love you loads.

Saleel Pulekar

Saleel Bhaiya is a rockstar for me. A senior Art of Living teacher, his presence exudes positivity and centeredness. I would say his company made me realize the depth of spiritual knowledge. His words are crisp and cut straight through the heart. His feedback has the love and compassion for your growth. His laughter is vivacious. His singing is stupendous. We once went on a trip to Vrindavan and then I got to know what sattvik masti is! He has always been an inspiration. Though he no longer comes to Delhi :( but the fond memories keeps his presence alive :) The sessions with him used to be utterly serene and blissful. I miss those days. He guided me through my toughest time. He rarely scolded but one strict word used to make me run on my toes! That’s the power he had and still has in my life :)

His blog (www.saleelpulekar.blogspot.com) is one of my favorite.Words fall short when I have to praise him. I feel blessed to have met him and had the opportunity to spent time with him

 Rohit Ranjan


My mentor. My best critic. If today he calls and says I’m the worst, I’m bound to believe it. That’s the trust I have in him. His qualifications everyone knows in AOL (BHU, IIMB) but I doubt how many really know him in AOL:) His harshness and coldness hides his love and commitment. It’s tough to work with him ( it is! ) ‘coz at work, he means business – achievement of the target. But working with him for a while have made me realize that he cares immensely :)
It’s just that he is kanjoos in showing it. He is one YES!+ teacher who lives on commitments, not feelings and inspires others to follow it. Under his guidance, I’ve grown by leaps and bounds. I’ve done things which I could never imagine or which seemed impossible. Today I don’t doubt the intentions because of the experiences he gave :)

I know I’ve faltered many a times and I take this day to apologize to him for the same. Rohit Bhaiya, you’ve been very kind to have forgiven me every time. You exhibit the hallmark of a true teacher – when to take the stick and when to smile and let go. Thank you!

Avinash Tiku
My YES!+ TTC Teacher. I haven’t spent much time with him but I’ve learnt a lot by his mere presence. His words carry immense power. When I was perplexed whether to go for TTC or not, his few words cleared the apprehensions and cleared my way. The best thing I learn from him is naturalness. No wonder how big you become in life, be yourself.
Thank you bhaiya for being there when needed. :)

Rohit Sabharwal
My AOL TTC Teacher – who was there throughout my journey of 21 days of becoming an Art of Living Teacher. He made me realize my biggest fears and blockages. He was there to support and guide. His one smile use to soothe the situation. He added a personal touch when he used to talk. He played diverse roles – from being nice & approachable to being serious & stoic. After 4 months of TTC, when he came to Delhi and gave me a hug and a compliment, it meant the world to me :) The biggest thing I learnt from him is - how to be down to earth. He carries a charm and leaves people awestruck when he speaks. But his demeanor shows how grounded he is. :)

Now all said and done, my thanksgiving for my best teacher is still left!

Guruji!! (H.H.Sri Sri Ravi Shankar)
 
All the above people in my life are his gifts to me. He is the coolest, the wisest and the bestest (if there is such a word) teacher. He leads by example and walks the talk. He gave me LIFE - lively, vibrant and joyful and of use to others. He has taught me the lessons of life and added humanity in my nature than just merely being a human. Words will fall short to express the gratitude. The advent of a Guru is the most beautiful feeling and a fulfilling state. He is a teacher who has made me understand life from a new dimension and look at the bigger purpose of life. Each day each moment has become so beautiful!

If today, Teacher’s Day has any significance in my life, its because of HIM.

Belated Happy Teacher’s Day to all!
 
Keep Smiling :)
Swati

 
Teacher's Day! Teacher's Day! Reviewed by Unknown on Friday, September 07, 2012 Rating: 5

No comments:

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.