Jhalak Dikhla Jaa - Great Season.Great Lessons

3 Amazing Judges of JDJ

Another season of Jhalak Dikhla Ja is over. I love Karan Johar. I may have many who will hate me for loving him. But what a persona he has! The way he talk - crisp, clear and knows well how to engage people. He is multi-talented – a filmmaker, Judge, Anchor, designer and what not!…wearing so many hats and excelling at each. And that’s what I like. He follows his heart and mind, appreciates from  the heart and is ready to spank when needed. And no doubt, he is great marketer.

This season of JDJ is won by Gurmeet. I haven’t followed JDJ for the entire 16 weeks, saw it on and off. It was only since last 3-4 weeks that I got glued to it. When I saw Isha and Ritwik’s performance for the first time, I was dead sure that one of them will win. Other contestants’ performance seemed like a baby show in front of them!  And at that time, a thought came in my mind. How would other contestants be feeling? Have they already given up? Don’t they know that their chances of winning are bleak? But all contestants seemed to give in their best.

And that is a great lesson rooted in it – FOCUS ON YOUR OWN SELF. The comparisons, if made, should be with your own past performance. Keeping attention on others will only lead to insecurities and useless anxieties. Ultimately, it’s just about getting better in life, about growing in life than out beating anyone. Definitely competitive spirit should be there but to give one’s best – to move beyond boundaries and get into the courage zone. And that is why Gurmeet has won.

Another great lesson. I wouldn’t say he is an amazing dancer. What made him win is his audacity. He gave hit performances as well as shit performances too. But every time he took the comments constructively and bounced back with a vigour and enthusiasm. He never let the negative feedback demoralize him. If judges called him a stiff dancer, he worked on improving himself. His last 2 performances were stunning. It clearly proved that he is putting his heart and soul to win. He overrode Rashmi and Ritwik by sheer audience vote. Gurmeet is people’s choice. Popularity as an actor in a famous daily soap was definitely a plus factor but people sitting at home saw his hard work. They could sense it. And that’s another great lesson.  Hard work never goes wasted. It’s like the rabbit and tortoise race where rabbit is sure to win but the latter winns :). In JDJ, rabbits didn’t loose because of over confidence but the tortoise (Gurmeet) won because audience saw his efforts. Unka dil aa gaya Gurmeet pe.

My own favorite was Ritwik. He is a rockstar. I wanted to him to win but I had prayed let the best person win. Anything and everything teaches you so much in life. I wish I was a celebrity and could be a part of JDJ L (Not that I’m cribbing..hahaha). This reminds me my Guru says that a celebrity is one who celebrates life!..And I’m sure a celebrity by that standard: D

Keep Smiling :)
Swati

Jhalak Dikhla Jaa - Great Season.Great Lessons Jhalak Dikhla Jaa - Great Season.Great Lessons Reviewed by Unknown on Monday, October 01, 2012 Rating: 5

No comments:

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.