Bachpana chalgea, Badtameezi nahi

I was waiting for 22nd November to come and also to get over. Had an event to organize. So much happening at the personal and professional front.

I have a difficult co worker. I won’t call her sub ordinate but she is junior with like a year or so of work experience. When I had joined, things were good but slowly I realized that she had some behavioral issues: she can write ugly emails to her seniors, in an English with a lot of grammatical errors ;) and many a times when you speak to her verbally, her body language and tone will show her attitude. I was amazed to see this initially. I have met difficult people but so immature and childish? And on the top of it thinking you are right? I had told my Boss few months back regarding her “ Bachpana chalgea, badtameezi nahi”. But just to let the work go on, I ignored her emails and remarks and did not retort. I would say I behaved pretty well with her and ignored lot of errors she made at work. But I guess sometimes some people take your ignorance / silence to be your weakness. And with so many events piling up, few days back I raised my tone. I won’t say I shouted at her but made sure she understands that it was enough and that she needs to mind her language and tone, at least in my case. I have no regret of doing it. All in my office think alike about her but nobody wants to mess with her. But sometimes some people must be shown a mirror. I am not blaming her (Blaming others gets their negative karma on us…so nooo :D). She has all the right to behave immaturely, but at her home. Professionally, we all need to follow certain code of conduct.

Next week my boss shall make us sit together to sort out things. From his perspective, I can understand he is right. He needs to manage his company and pacify both. But I heard it somewhere,” The strength of a team is not known by the strongest one but by the weakest link.”  Let’s see what happens next week but I am clear on not tolerating anymore indecent behavior at workplace now. And I am sure things will turn out to be positive.

-
Swati
Bachpana chalgea, Badtameezi nahi Bachpana chalgea, Badtameezi nahi Reviewed by Unknown on Saturday, November 23, 2013 Rating: 5

No comments:

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.