Jab We Met

There are some days and then there are other days. Certain days become really special and leave an eternal imprint. Today was one such day in my Life.

I’d been to the Art of Living’s Bangalore Ashram this June and met His Holiness Sri Sri Ravishankar there (lovingly called Guruji aka “G’). And I was dying to meet HIM again.
G came to Delhi yesterday but couldn’t go and meet him (Duh! This job) but today I was determined that come what may! I’m gonna meet him and he HAS to make it happen. I’ve always believed “intentions manifests”. So I took half day leave and went off in search for him, I wasn’t sure whether even I’ll get a glimpse of him but there was no looking back. And very soon the grace starting becoming palpable in form of interesting Guru stories – omen of my intention manifesting....

My friend was to pick me up from Metro station to reach the place where we could meet G but he was running late so I took an Auto as I wanted to reach asap. Now, the interesting part – as soon as I got out of the station, there was only 1 autowallah visible and he was wearing white clothes (which seems so unlikely in delhi). I got into the auto and midway realized I’d just mentioned the landmark and not the exact place. So I told him, “Bhaiya Sardar Patel Marg jaana hai”. He calmly replied -“ Pata hai” as if he’s been already told where to take me. And he stopped the auto at the exact place where I was supposed to go, without me telling him to! Now, intellectual mind wanted a justification. So I asked him, “ Bhaiya, ab tak yahan aur bhi logo ko choda hai kya jo aapko raasta pta hai.” He cutely said, “No”. Intellectual mind shut and faith arose :)

I was fortunate to see G from such proximity and received his blessings. Such a gratifying experience it was! .But the adventure didn’t end there! We followed G’s car who was heading to give a talk on “The art of Leadership” at DRDO. I wasn't the only intelligent one, there were almost 10 cars following him!! It was hilarious and looked so filmy. For a while it looked like an absconding thief being followed by 10 police cars, trying to catch him! Being the followers no car overtook, fought like cats in driving to be the one on the left side (where G was seated) at any red light. I tell you, the experience is beyond words!

Now, at the DRDO talk, only those who had passes could attend and I had none:( So I wasn’t very hopeful of getting through but with grace in your life, anything can happen! Only 2 cars who managed to enter and I got into one of them! Pheww!! The rest waited outside while I entered the auditorium to listen to his soothing voice and be among the fortunate ones to undergo a small meditation under his Guidance.

The talk was really interesting and insightful. Some Snippets:

G was talking about the traits a Leader should have. Lot many points were raised – vision, passion, perseverance, Knowledge etc. But G shocked all when he said that a leader has none of these! He said a Leader is someone who doesn’t think he is a leader. The problem arises when all become leaders and there are no followers! It is “I am the Leader “attitude which leads to conflicts. If you want to show leadership skills, keep the cause in mind and take people along. The cause should be the focus point….

He also talked about how Motivation is different from inspiration. You may motivate someone by offering something alluring – money, fame etc. But it would be short lived - for a few days, months or may be a year. But Inspiration is innate. It comes from within. A true leader inspires people and takes them along.

He also talked about mind being free from anger for the past and anxiety about the future. There should be clarity of mind in order to give your 100% in the work you are doing.

Somebody asked, what is the purpose of my life?
G said, That is the area you need to research on. Know one thing, the one who knows the answer to this question will never tell you and the one who tells you doesn’t know the answer!

In the midst of all this, his frivolous nature kept the audience intact and in splits at times!

Those few hours with him were heavenly. Now back to the mundane life: P

Keep Smiling :)
Jab We Met Jab We Met Reviewed by Unknown on Wednesday, September 22, 2010 Rating: 5

No comments:

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.