Deserve v/s Substitution

Good news!! One of my projects have been postponed , that means no extended hours of work this week , no running around for last minute work and no working on weekend!! Hurray!! Actually, my colleague was supposed to execute this project but since she is on leave for the next 3 days, I was assigned the Project. Well, for me this Project had both advantages and disadvantages.

Looking at the positives, it was like a God sent opportunity, a platform for striving excellence and a great learning experience. However, the project demanded huge amount of commitment in terms of time and effort. The issue with me wasn’t motivation but my health – long hours of sitting and running around MAY have caused my back and neck pain playing up again.

But, I took the risk, as I took it as Grace’s Play:). Had severe pain in the morning but somehow managed to work the whole day and in the evening, the client informed that the project has been postponed for 2 weeks! All Iz Well:)

I was on cloud nine!! This meant more time to give quality deliverables. However, my boss then said that since my colleague would be available at that time so she may execute it. How did I feel? Well, honestly, I didn’t feel bad. I understand it’s her project and she has full right to claim it. At the same time, it did pinch me that I didn’t get to work on it due to my potential but as a substitute. Had the reason been former, I would have had no issues.

I don’t doubt my capabilities. I know I can do it well. It may be just a case that my Boss has preference, knowing well that she is judgmental.

The BIG dilemma I’m currently undergoing is what should I do in life? In my view, no job on this earth can make you fully happy. It is only service (to the Society) that brings smiles. But, to live you need money and that comes only through job. The mid way could be to take up a job which is meant to serve. I am still looking at the options. Lets see where life takes me…

I like consulting work and aspire to become a freelancer but I know that would take time. I am not tensed neither am I confused. I am just trying to find a path to reach my goal and I know I will find it soon :)

P.S: While I was writing this post and wrote the word “Boss”, my boss actually called me!! Bosses never fall short of scaring the employees!!

Keep Smiling :)
Deserve v/s Substitution Deserve v/s Substitution Reviewed by Unknown on Tuesday, January 19, 2010 Rating: 5

2 comments:

  1. articulate your feeling in a better way...its like...when u feel happy..you feel something inside...when u are sad..you feel something inside......dig yourself up as much deep as u can....then write exactly what u feel...also..it would be great if u give an analogy with that....(analogy here could be that of something else happening...which shall arouse the same emotions in somebody (when he or she reads it..) as what you feel when same emotions arouse in you...

    P.S. .....unfortunately this post is also veryyy boring....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Ankit , even I think i didn't articulate my thoughts well. Thank God ! atleast we agree on something!!

    ReplyDelete

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.