Games life plays...

Days are getting busier.

It's always happened with me, the moment I ask something from life, Life throws it to me but the way of giving is, “Oh! So this is what you want. Sure why not! Try this!”

Let me take a recent instance, I was facing an issue in my office – for some reason/s, I was perplexed on my growth prospects in my current job. I wanted to go one step higher as it’s been 2 years in this profession. I just shared (Note the word pls) this thought with my boss but did not ask (compare it with the former) for any kind of great work.

I just wanted to blurt out whatever I was feeling. I’ve realized one thing in life – the moment you are detached from a thing and then take decisions, they are bound to be the best. Earlier I use to think – no , I can’t leave my Job , money , experience etc etc. but now I am like – Ok, working is important , earning is important but I won’t slog.I would rather earn less and be happy than earn a hefty amount and be unhappy and cribbing all the while.

Ok, coming back to the plot, I just wanted to do good work in the sense I wanted to lead Projects or manage people to enhance my people skills. And lo and behold! I was assigned 3 projects (they will become 4 soon) which are making me go crazy these days!

I am a person who loves multi tasking and feels bored doing one job or with one person for long (I at times wonder how am I gonna get along after marriage: D). So it isn’t the number of projects , it’s the number of people I need to deal with and manage!!

And I am not sure if it happens everywhere, in my office you need to mind each and every word you say. My team members, being of my age and position, seem to get REALLY offended if you treat them as your subordinates or else you try to act like their boss. In simple language, their ego is hurt: D

So the whole “My fair Lady” kinda ride is interesting as well as tiring ..minding each and every word you put across…being politically correct…tolerating all sort of nonsense and dumbness..being polite when you want to yell..being understanding when you just want to be left alone…following up on things when you are dead tired and just want to say “ Vijay Bhaiya! Ik chai lana, ginger wali”

P.S : Vijay is the new servant in our office who is very bossy and tends to put less of sugar as sugar prices are soaring ( so bloody loyal)

Keep Smiling :)
Games life plays... Games life plays... Reviewed by Unknown on Thursday, January 07, 2010 Rating: 5

2 comments:

You may also like

Templates
Powered by Blogger.